Goa

IMG_2614

In my blogging absence you may have thought we were still sitting happily on the beach in Goa. OH I WISH.

We did spend three weeks there, and even three weeks is hard to write about because there was no drama, no stress. We had a cheap but lovely room on the beach.  It was the end of a full year of glorious travel. So we rested.

IMG_2572

We swam

IMG_2545

We played

IMG_2588

IMG_2616

We walked

IMG_2267

IMG_2272

It was Diwali, we enjoyed the candles and fireworks

IMG_2074

IMG_2520

IMG_1665

We ate the most wonderful food every day

IMG_2257

Our kids walked to the local chai shop each day to buy yoghurt and fried breads for breakfast

IMG_2538

IMG_2434

We did our Christmas shopping

IMG_2451

We did lots of people watching

IMG_1820

And animal watching!IMG_2611

IMG_1717

We made friends

IMG_2299

IMG_2620

We wondered about the circus girl who performed everyday on the beach.  Where does she live? Does she go to school?

IMG_1741

And everyday, we saw the sun go down

IMG_1951

Drank one of these

IMG_1632

And were grateful for family time, beauty and quiet.

IMG_1655

Leaving was when the drama began. Stay tuned!

IMG_1574

25 Responses to Goa

1. Bron February 24, 2013 at 1:05 pm #

I have been checking often for your news! So glad you are back sharing your adventures xx I hope everyone is happy and healthy and I look forward to your news xx

Bron
    Bron recently posted..PepperMy Profile

• Jill February 24, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Thanks Bron, we are are well and raring to go….

2. Hannah February 24, 2013 at 1:11 pm #

Beautiful photos guys, as always. It’s great to have you back! Sending you love from Goa xo
    Hannah recently posted..A day to listen toMy Profile

• Jill February 24, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Hi Hannah! I had a lovely pic of you on the beach, but I looked crap in it, and I was too vain to put it in!

3. Rebeca February 24, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Lovely photos… you make me miss India! I always think I want to wait until my kids are a little older to take them there, but if you can do it, so could we, right? :>
    Rebeca recently posted..Bocas SailingMy Profile

• Jill February 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

Oh my kids are a great age, and ours are 8 years apart! In fact, I cant think of a bad age to trael, maybe 13? My bubba was 8 months when we left, it worked out really well with him at that age. How old are yours?

4. Heather Costaras February 24, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

Yay! I’ve been so looking forward to your news & stories again… :-)
    Heather Costaras recently posted..How do you pretend?My Profile

• Jill February 24, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Thanks Heather. You are the blogging whirlwind at the moment! I have been enjoying everyone of your stories!

5. Maria February 25, 2013 at 4:30 am #

I love these pictures! They make me miss Goa.
    Maria recently posted..AswanMy Profile

6. Rachel February 25, 2013 at 6:54 am #

I was so excited to see a new post — your photo essays inspire me! Thank you for sharing.

7. Vicki February 25, 2013 at 7:22 am #

loved reading this – it transports me in some tiny way. Can’t wait for the next installment.

8. Alyson February 25, 2013 at 7:23 am #

Lovely photos, Goa is one of my favourite places, a great post doesn’t have to have to many words :)
    Alyson recently posted..Making Money Selling Second Hand StuffMy Profile

9. Lisa Wood February 25, 2013 at 8:38 am #

OH I am so very glad you are back! I have so missed your blogging and was wondering if you were OK 😉

By the looks of the wonderful photos you have all had a blast….the beach looks fantastic.
    Lisa Wood recently posted..Blow Hole Kiama :: Love PadlocksMy Profile

• Jill February 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Thanks Lisa, so nice to be missed!!

10. A King's Life February 25, 2013 at 11:06 am #

Some of the fondest memories are those of quiet and still, relaxed moments.
    As the rest, I’m looking forward to your continued journey…wherever that may lead.
    A King’s Life recently posted..To Bangkok. Alone.My Profile

11. sonja everson February 25, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Oh, Goa sounds like a lovely place to kick back and relax. We’re hoping to add it to our list of places to hit and spend a bit of time volunteering with our kidlets. Any suggestions on where to stay for cheap? I’d love some tips and ideas. We will be there around the same time, but next year.
    Happy travels!
    sonja everson recently posted..Our Dog Benny Needs A New HomeView PostMy Profile

• Jill February 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Hi Sonja
      Yes, its lovely, and not the crazy party place it used to be. We found our cheap and lovely place by walking along Patnem beach and asking. But, we were there at the very start of the season (oct); it may be that for peak season you’d have to book. There are so many choices on the beaches.

12. Alison February 26, 2013 at 8:13 am #

What gorgeous pics – that looks amazing!
    Alison recently posted..Donate Life!My Profile

• Jill February 26, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

thanks Alison!

13. Barbara February 26, 2013 at 10:53 am #

What amazing photos, Jill and Chris! I hope you are both doing ok-ish back home. Can’t wait to hear what you have planned next. More Vietnam, perhaps?
    Barbara recently posted..The Great Koala-Cuddling Expedition (At Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary)My Profile

• Jill February 26, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Hi Barbara
      thanks!
      Vietnam, sure, I’ll go and add it to the list…

14. Kara February 28, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

Gorgeous! I missed your news. Looking forward to more.
    Kara recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: SiblingsMy Profile

15. Tal November 24, 2015 at 3:48 pm #

This is so beautiful! We’re heading to Goa on February with our two boys, would love to hear some deets! where did you stay? what is this stunning beach in your pictures?

• Jill November 25, 2015 at 6:57 pm #

Hiya
      This is Patnem beach. Known for being good for families. ( also the one Jason Bourne runs along in the second movie!)
      We just walked along looking at the different places til we found a cheap one with room for us all, I think it had some kind of a Mexocan name?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Fourteen trains and a wedding - Going AnywayGoing Anyway - February 27, 2013

[…] ago we had a run-in with the fantastical confustication that is Indian Rail. We needed to leave lovely Goa, to get to Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) to catch our flight home to Perth for my brother’s […]