Capture the colour

As part of travel supermarket’s photography competition, today I am showing some of Chris’ favourite photos from our recent travels.  ‘Capture the colour’ is about choosing great photos about five colours, blue, red, yellow, white and green.

Here are our photos:

Capturing blue

A boy watching us watching him from the window of his family’s home on Silk Island, Phnom Penh.

Capturing green

Our kids ran and ran through these rice paddies. We loved our time at Phong Nha Farmstay, Vietnam.

Capturing yellow

A water ceremony in a Buddhist temple, Phnom Penh.

Capturing white

Chasing cows through the vibrant streets of Kampot Cambodia.

Capturing red

In a room, in a temple, on an island, in a lake, in a city….sat a man writing

I hope you liked our pictures! You can read all about the competition here

We’ll hear from the judges at the end of August.

I would also like to tag the following blogs  to enter their photos of choice.

My friend Bron and her blog Coopsandpeps

Satu and her blog todestiantionunknown

Kirsty and her blog  Vagabond Kids

Hannah and her blog Further Bound

and one of my favourite blogs of all time

The Pilgrims Progress

Thanks!

, , , ,

10 Responses to Capture the colour

1. Bron August 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Jill , love the pics so much. The rice fields and bike is one of my all time favourites x thanks for linking me up will get right on it!
    Bron recently posted..Problem Solving.My Profile

2. Bampa August 7, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Fabulous photos. Can’t wait to hear the results.

3. Kylie August 7, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Great photos!!

4. Bron August 7, 2012 at 11:12 am #

Jill, I cant find your email but I have a question for you…. Bottle Beach or Gili,s ???? ( fairly simply question! 😉 )……April 2013..
    Bron recently posted..Capture the Colour- Travel Supermarket photo competition and share.My Profile

5. Lisa Wood August 9, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Love your capture the colour photos :) especially like your green one…those rice fields look amazing!
    Lisa Wood recently posted..Time Poor Is Not An ExcuseMy Profile

6. Satu @ Destination Unknown August 10, 2012 at 3:37 am #

Thanks for linking me to the competition and yaiks, your photos are amazing! The colours just pop out of the images. I really need to rethink what I can do for this competition. :)
    Satu @ Destination Unknown recently posted..Life in Pictures: Devon RevisitedMy Profile

7. Hannah August 16, 2012 at 7:20 am #

Wow, great photos – I particularly like the red one. Thank you so much for tagging me :)
    Hannah recently posted..The truth shall set you freeMy Profile

8. Maria August 16, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Wow! They’re SO amazing!
    Maria recently posted..Is This Real?My Profile

9. Deb @ Bright and Precious August 26, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Gorgeous photos, Jill. You’ve capture more than colour – you’ve captured the essence of life. I’ve also been tagged recently in the Capture the Colour thing – and I’ve been very slack in not doing it (yet). Thanks for nudging me a bit! :)
    Deb @ Bright and Precious recently posted..The Blossom TreeMy Profile