Hoi An – pretty as a picture

Hoi An is everything that is pretty and picturesque about Vietnam, without so much that is noisy and dirty and harsh.  They call it the Disneyland of Vietnam. Here are some glimpses of our days in Hoi An…

…breakfast, crusty french bread with real french butter.

…. curio shops selling model ships.

….quaint shops with doors and windows in perfect symmetry.

…soup and salad, vietnamese and french, silky and crunchy.

….colour at the markets.

….flavour at the beach.

….stories of an ancient and complex history.

…cooling off at the end of the day.

…a cheeky old man.

….and a laughing one.

….crunchy fresh healthy treats

…the other sort of treat!

…lanterns were lit as the sun went down.

….this one we lowered into the water and watched it float away.

….street theatre by the river

….pretty as a picture.

, , , , , ,

8 Responses to Hoi An – pretty as a picture

1. bron June 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Amazing amazing pics Gill. I loved Hoi An so much I can be transported back there with your recounts and photos. Brillant.

• Jill June 22, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

Hi Bron. Wow you guys went everywhere! Was that with Coops too?

• Bron August 2, 2012 at 7:04 am #

Hi Jill,
        We spent one month south to north when coop was 4 and pep was 9 months, and andrew and i got married there too!
        Bron recently posted..KLCC water park.My Profile

2. Hema June 22, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

Wow, stunning pictures! Came here via the Blog Brilliantly assignment and this is truly sumptuous stuff!

3. Amy June 22, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

It just looks incredible! The colours look incredible, and the kids look like they are having a fantastic time! Can’t wait to get over to Asia.
    Amy recently posted..Wineries of the South WestMy Profile

4. Margaret Hogan June 23, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

A newbie from Blog Brilliantly. Beautiful shots Gill. My sister-in-law and nephews were here a few weeks ago. I’ll send them the link. :)

5. Emiel June 26, 2012 at 2:01 am #

I remember Hoi-An, one of the best places we went to in Vietnam. I love your collection of pictures, wonderful.
    Emiel recently posted..Berlin: 10 Great Things to Do (with your kids) – Part 2My Profile

6. Lisa Wood June 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

what a wonderful colourful night! Hoi An sure looks pretty and the food looks so yummy.
    Lisa Wood recently posted..New Life on the Road Featured In Thats Life MagazineMy Profile